This Is Me

Hey guys, welcome to my blog Queen Arizona! I am SO beyond excited to share my beauty tricks and fashion tips with all of you.
Okay, so I want you guys to get more of a sense of what I love, who I am, and why I've created this blog.

First thing's first (I'm the realist):
Yes, I did quote Iggy Azalea and I am NOT ashamed! I love rap music, hip-hop, pop, country, r&b… basically everything- EXCEPT screamo. I can't handle it. It hurts my ears, heart, and I don't like how angry they are. But other than that, I listen to everything from Wicked & Glee, Eminem & Rhianna, Taylor Swift & Miley Cyrus, Coldplay & Panic! at the Disco; seriously everything. If it has a good beat and I like the lyrics, I don't care who you are, I'm going to listen to it.
I have two younger sisters (though we joke that my youngest brother is our third sister) and they both HATE makeup and could care less about high fashion. They do, however, love anything to do with hair and nails- which, in turn, I HATE. I hate painting my nails and I hate doing my hair. I'll post some tutorials for hair and you'll see why I hate doing my hair. I will feature them on some blog posts every now and then depending on what the post(s) are that week. They are so good at what they do!
So in my bio, I wrote that I love giraffes and sharks. People tell me all the time "What's wrong with you? Sharks will kill you" or "Why a giraffe? They're just tall", but that's EXACTLY why I love them!! I love sharks because of their biology and how their bodies work and all that jazz.
I actually started to love giraffes during the whole zebra-craze; I was SICK of that pattern and wanted to get as far away from it as possible(obviously, I owned a ton a zebra stuff, which I am not proud of)! So I went to Marshall's in search of a new hair straightener (my previous one was zebra print and had died on me) and found a gorgeous GIRAFFE patterned straightener! And that's when the obsession began and I have never looked back. Also, don't ask me which one I like better because one is in the ocean and one is on land so it's different, okay? Also, dogs and cats classify as pets, not animals (at least in my brain) and dogs will always win. I am not a big fan of cats.

Secondly:
Who am I?
As you might have already guessed, my name is Macy and I am from Arizona. I am the eldest of five children and I have two brothers and two sisters. I am 21 and I have been wanting to start a beauty/fashion blog since I was 12. My life has gone through very unexpected twists and turns as of late, so I decided, what the hay, why not start it now? So here I am!
I graduated high school in 2013 as well as technical school. I went to a technical school my junior and senior year of high school and graduated with awesome grades. At my technical school, I studied Fashion Design and Merchandising and I loved it SO much!! In those two years I was able to create over ten different garments, create my own patterns to make those garments, I went to New York, I was able to volunteer at local fashion shows as well as put on some of my own, and learn all about the merchandising and marketing side of selling/buying clothes. I loved every minute of it besides the drama that went down (it was high school and I was with a bunch of fashion designers in training- have you ever seen The Devil Wears Prada? It was like our fashion bible).
I went to BYU-Idaho for two years, lived in Provo, Utah for 6 months, and I always end up back home in sunny Arizona.
One of my brothers is currently serving a full-time mission in Johannesburg, South Africa and I miss him like crazy! But he'll be back home next January.
I have made tons of friends from all over the states as well as all over the world and it's so great! I've been able to learn about so many different customs and cultures; it's amazing. Also, I speak French; I don't know if I mentioned that.
The last thing about me- I am actually launching a modest clothing line sometime next year. It's still in the works, but it's coming along great! I'm so excited to share it with you guys once it's up and running!!

Last, but definitely not least:
Like I said earlier, I've been wanting to create this blog since I was 12. For almost a decade, it has been my dream to create a space within the internet to share my knowledge and whatnot about beauty and fashion that I have learned in these past 21 years of my life.
Just to reiterate, my life has taken a bunch of crazy and unexpected twists of late and I decided that I should just go for it and create this blog. I have been working on this for quite some time and I am so excited to share all of these insights I have with you!

If you guys ever have any questions or comments on anything at all, even suggestions on any posts that you would like to see, there is a contact form attached to the side bar where you can let me know! I also have subscription boxes that you can click on to be alerted when I post anything new!

Thanks so much for reading guys! XOXO

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top